Need a Minister Call... St Louis Wedding Chapel Call Us Today at 314 472-5017
Need a Minister Call... St Louis Wedding Chapel Call Today... 314 472-5017
Located in South St Louis County Between Jefferson Barracks Park & River City Casino - Exit Hwy 270 on Telegraph go north 2.6 miles
Wedding Vows Wedding Vows Wedding Vows
Call Us to Officiate your Wedding Ceremony Today...
Wedding Officiant 314 472-5017
St Louis Wedding Chapel
How to Write Your Wedding Vows
What‘s the big request people ask of us? “How to Write Wedding Vows”. But there are a a few things that you should keep in mind when you write your own wedding vows:
1. Keep your wedding vows concise, yet meaningful. Too many people will overload a wedding ceremony with verbage that is redundant and overkill the meaning behind a wedding vow. Don’t torture your wedding guests with a long wedding ceremony! We find it very interesting that the shorter the ceremony, the more guests come up to us afterwards and say, “Oh that was the best ceremony I‘ve ever been to.”
2. If you can write your own wedding vows from scratch, make sure that you are edited by somebody you trust. If you pick wedding vows from an online site, simply pick the marriage ceremony that fits you, or choose bits of ceremonies that fit how you feel
3. A sample wedding ceremony program often has these elements:
The wedding processional (walking down the aisle)1.
The opening of the wedding ceremony or call to the guests
Some words from your wedding minister on love or marriage or wedding poems readings
The wedding vow or wedding vow and poem
The ring exchange ( wedding ring exchange vows )
The pronouncement of marriage
Blessing or wedding day poem
The introduction as husband and wife
The wedding recessional
If you decide that you do not want to do any of these steps listed above in the sample wedding program or put them out of order- - - -it’s all your choice. You can say anything that you want to say that is fitting for your relationship and as long as you both agree to be married somewhere in the wedding program.
4. Often a passage that you like, a song, or a wedding love poem can be included in your marriage ceremony. A special guest, a member of the wedding party or the wedding minister can recite this wedding poem and reading, but it is not out of the ordinary for the bride or groom to recite or sing a wedding love poem to each other.
5. Don‘t be afraid to express how you feel in the context of your wedding vow. This is the time to do it. Your wedding ceremony is your expression of love for your partner, it’s your pronouncement to the world. Express yourself in your wedding vows how you would like to remember your wedding ceremony. And if you are not a poet, as most of us, pick a sample wedding vow that is a beautiful description of who you both are.
Sample Wedding Vows >
Here at St Louis Wedding Chapel we want your wedding ceremony to be a special one, uniquely yours and treasured always. Need Help writing your wedding vows? Here is some help below. Need more help just give us a call. And when your are ready to set a date or book a chapel call our wedding officiant at St Louis Wedding Chapel we will be happy to come to you and perform your ceremony at a place or venue of your choosing.
Licensed Ordained Minister
Missouri Wedding Officiant
Illinois Wedding Officiant
Specializing in these areas:
St Louis Wedding Officiant
Jefferson County Officiant
St Charles County Officiant
Non Denominational Minister &
Civil Wedding Officiant
“A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”
“In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
“When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” —Mignon McLaughlin
“The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again—and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.”
—Barbara De Angelis
“When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” —Arrigo Boito